I have had a couple of clients ask me for my chai smoothie recipe. Let me warn you, it’s elaborate!
Every 5 days or so I make up a batch of chai tea in a concentrated form. Here’s how I make that:
I start with 6 teaspoons of a loose-leaf chai and steep it in 32 oz of hot water for 20 minutes.
Then I take 3 bags of rooibos tea and 3 bags of turmeric tea and steep them in 32 oz of hot water for 20 minutes in a 1-quart Pyrex pitcher.
Once these 2 batches of tea have cooled, I pour them into a 2.5-quart glass pitcher. This goes into the refrigerator.
Now here’s the smoothie I make every morning:
I pour 1 & 1/2 cups of this chai concentrate into the blender.
I add a scoop of Garden of Life Protein powder. I like the Smooth Coffee flavor. It really goes great with chai!
Then I add:
- 1 & 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened almond creamer
- 1/4 cup of cashew butter (almond butter is good, too, but not as sweet as cashew butter)
- 4 drops of doTERRA clove oil
- 4 drops of doTERRA turmeric oil
- 4 drops of doTERRA ginger oil
- 3 drops of doTERRA cardamom oil (my fave!)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of MCT oil
- 4 ice cubes
Blend until completely mixed and pour over a few ice cubes. It makes 3 cups. I drink the whole thing with my doTERRA supplements every morning.
Disclaimer: As a Certified Health & Wellness Coach in the State of Florida, it is important that I state that I am not a registered dietician. Therefore, my recipe(s) are not part of any diet or nutrition recommendation from me. I am just simply sharing a recipe of something I make every day.
And if you’d like to order any doTERRA products from me, just send me an email. I can hook you up!